Website Watford Cycle Hub
Watford Cycle Hub, a one stop shop for all things cycling – In the community, for the community.
Role: General Duties Cycle Hub Assistant
The General Cycle Hub Assistant will help support the smooth running, compliant and well-presented Cycle Hub buildings, vehicles and hire bikes.
We are looking for an individual that has a positive, can-do attitude with team player attributes to help us uphold the high standards and ‘best practice’ approach of Watford Cycle Hub.
Previous experience within a customer focused organisation would be preferred, though friendly, enthusiastic yet professional candidates, willing to learn and get involved will be considered.
Working closely with the Customer Experience and Café teams, success in this role will be achieved by adopting a proactive, positive and cheery mindset to all tasks undertaken, offering help and support before being asked.
The job holder will have the opportunity to gain an insight into the dynamics of the Cycle Hub.
Listening and observing best work practices of all the Cycle Hub activities, together with acting positively on supervisor feedback through discussion and agreement of ‘even better if’ scenarios that encourage ‘continuous improvement’ and help development into a well-rounded worker that can steer the direction of future career pathways.
Responsibilities and Duties will include:
- Carrying out day to day cleaning duties to maintain appropriate standards of cleanliness for the respective areas both inside and outside the Cycle Hub, plus Training and Hire bikes and the company vans.
- Ensure all Cycle Hub areas are cleared of waste and free from litter.
- Carry out and record routine Maintenance, Fire, Health & Safety checks.
- Replenish stocks as directed.
- In line with training and development, support team members within the Cycle Hub with a variety of tasks, including directly supporting customers.
Skills & experience:
- Excellent customer care.
- A flexible attitude.
- Good practical competency and approach.
- Desire to be busy, a person who takes pride in doing the best job possible.
- A team player with good communication and interpersonal skills.
- Good standard of presentation.
- An interest in cycling would be a great advantage.
Working Hours & Pay:
- 25 hours per week, in shifts including weekends.
- Pay is National Minimum Wage.
- This role is available as a Kickstart role to Universal Credit recipients through the Job Centre. If you have a job coach, please do talk to them about this role and apply through the usual Job Centre process.