Watford Cycle Hub, a one stop shop for all things cycling – In the community, for the community.
Do you have a passion for food and love delivering great Customer Service?
2021 sees a new development for a Café within the Watford Cycle Hub, King George V Playing Fields, Holywell, West Watford providing, teas, coffees, cold drinks, cakes, light hot food, ice-creams and snacks.
We’re looking for Café Assistants to assist with the daily running of our café. Reporting to the Café Team Leader, the role requires a can-do attitude, positivity and team player attributes.
Previous experience within the hospitality/catering industry would be preferred, though friendly, enthusiastic, yet professional candidates, willing to learn and get their hands dirty will be considered.
The role will ensure food is hygienically prepared and served in accordance with standards. We are looking for enthusiastic, committed and passionate people to deliver a great service to our customers and general public.
Hours & Pay:
- Minimum 25 hours per week on a shift rota, including weekends.
- National Minimum Wage.
- This role is available as a Kickstart role to Universal Credit recipients through the Job Centre. If you have a job coach, please do talk to them about this role and apply through the usual Job Centre process.
- Ensuring that Company Health and Safety Policy and Procedures and all relevant Food Safety Legislation and smoke free law is complied with.
- Carry out cleaning duties to maintain high standards of cleanliness throughout.
- Undertake and record temperature checks and ensure high standards of food hygiene are maintained.
- Ensure customers are served promptly and efficiently.
- Ensure financial and cash handling procedures are followed and fully complied with.
- Prepare food and beverages as necessary in accordance with café menus and as required.
- Replenish stock within the café as required.
Skills & Experience
- Level 2 Award in Food Safety in Catering, or equivalent desirable. (We will support free training or qualification updates if necessary).
- Previous experience of working within a food retail operation or service led organisation is beneficial.
- Excellent customer care.
- A team player with good communication and interpersonal skills.
- High standards of presentation.
- A flexible attitude.